Hangzhou English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this?

Go down

Do you like the movie?

Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this? Vote_lcap100%Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this? Vote_lcap0%Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this? Vote_lcap0%Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this? Empty Hot Fuzz-- Have you seen any cop movies like this?

Post  Vincent Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:38 pm

I just finished Hot Fuzz. It tops on the IMDB 250, and natually, I expects something spetacular going on in the movie.

I got a funny feeling that the people in the town are like zombies when they shoot at Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, the two goog cops. It's like they are totally brainwashed and have no sense of right and wrong. Then I went to IMDB to seek some other movies directed by the director Edgar Writer. Guess what I found. Shaun of the Dead!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that? Shaun of the Dead is a brilliantly pleasant zombie movie I saw with my roommates in the dorm when I was like a sophomore, and Mr.Writer's style is so strong that I even smelt something Zombie in Hot Fuzz.

You are highly recommended to download or buy the DVD of both Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Never a single minute that is not entertaining. The dumb cop Nick Frost is so fucking amusing that you even want to lean forward to kiss him...

And you shall find it's fun to read the quotes from the movie.

DS Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Nicholas Angel: Like who?
DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
Nicholas Angel: Who else?
DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

Nicholas Angel: In the meantime, why don't you check out a few of Martin Blower's clients?
DS Andy Wainwright: Martin Blower represents damn near most of the village. Do you want us to go through the whole phone book?
DS Andy Cartwright: Yeah, we'll put a call in to Aaron A. Aaronson, shall we?
Nicholas Angel: Please, don't be childish. At least consider interviewing the widow. Martin Blower was clearly having an affair with Eve Draper.
DS Andy Wainwright: Ohh, and how did you establish that?
Danny Butterman: [pounds table] 'Cause we sat through three hours of so-called acting last night, and the kiss was the only convincing moment in it.
DS Andy Wainwright: All right, pipe down, biggun'.
DS Andy Cartwright: Here, what else you got, Crockett and Tubby?
Nicholas Angel: Skid marks.
DS Andy Wainwright: Now who's being childish?
Nicholas Angel: There were no skid marks at the scene! Doesn't it seem a little strange that Martin Blower would lose control of his car and not think to apply the brakes?

Below is a clip, Enjoy!

Vincent
Admin

http://www.ohiti.com

Back to top Go down