Hangzhou English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Video) Antony And The Johnsons>Hope There's Someone

Go down

(Video) Antony And The Johnsons>Hope There's Someone Empty (Video) Antony And The Johnsons>Hope There's Someone

Post  Vincent Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Hope there's someone who'll take care of me
When I die, Will I go?
Hope there's someone who'll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I'm tired
There's a ghost on the 'rizon
When I go to bed
How can I fall asleep at night
How will I rest my head?
Oh I'm scared of the middle place
Between light and nowhere
I don't want to be the one
Left in there, left in there
There's a man on the 'rizon
Wish that I'd go to bed
If I fall to his feet tonight
Will allow rest my head?
So here's hoping I will not drown
Or paralyze in light
And godsend I don't want to go
To the seal's watershed
Hope there's someone who'll take care of me
When I die, Will I go?
Hope there's someone who'll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I'm tired

Born in 1971 in Chichester, West Sussex in England, Antony Hegarty is the second of four children. He and his family moved to Amsterdam and then to San Jose, California by the time he was 10. His mother was a photographer and his father was an engineer. In San Jose he found his Catholic School harder than in Britain as people seemed to single him out for being different. For his eleventh birthday he received his first keyboard and from then started to figure out songs from bands such as Soft Cell , Yazoo and other new wave bands developing out of the late 70s and early 80s and in school he was known to sing in the choir and in death rock bands.
He grew up as a performer, going from his Catholic school into a high school for performing arts. By his late teens he was staging plays based on John Waters movies while at the University of California in Santa Cruz.
1988 brought about the cult documentary film “Mondo New York,” a tour of the city's underground music and performance-art scene which influenced his move to New York in 1990.
In New York Antony enrolled in an ‘Experimental Theatre’ course, which he says was “about as useful as a degree in knitting.” Antony staged plays and musicals but wanted more, so in 1992 he went in search of a community to attach himself to which brought about the “blacklips”. They were a theatrical troupe who put on barely-rehearsed plays almost each week as well as musicals. They regularly appeared at the Pyramid Club, in New York's then vibrant East Village.

Vincent
Admin

http://www.ohiti.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum